Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yummy food

As an aside I was excited to have the opportunity to cook something new today. I attempted two recipes from a website called 101 Cookbooks - Spinach Rice Gratin and Salt-kissed Buttermilk Cake. Everyone (Alex, Cole, Christina, Audrey and myself) liked both and I will certainly make them again.

I blissfully picked the raspberries for this cake today in our backyard thinking all the while how very lucky I am.



Cole is in summer camp July and part of August. These past two weeks they studied entomology, biology, paleontology and chemistry (according to his teacher!). The two week study culminates in a trip to the Pacific Science Center tomorrow. Upcoming units will be on cooking and ocean life.

Our dear neighbor Margaret came by for a visit while we watered in the front yard today. She is lively, funny, full of interesting stories, and adores the kids (all kids). She's 88 and raised her family in Lake City when the roads were dirt.



Margaret thought we should get a picture of Audrey with the pink flowers that matched her outfit. Audrey didn't feel like cooperating for the photo shoot.



Cole wanted me to take a picture of him with his light saber.

No comments: