Wednesday, August 20, 2008

5 Lost Lake Lane

Just in case you thought I gave up on blogging I'm posting tonight even though I don't have the energy to upload any photos.  

We moved.  We don't close on the house until the end of the month but all seems go and it better be since we moved all our worldly belongings this past weekend.   A big thank you to our friends and family for making it possible.

I stopped posting at first because our computer was sick and in the apple hospital then later because I was supposed to be packing boxes!  I am now surrounded by partially unpacked boxes in the office/spare bedroom of the new Bellingham house typing on the new aluminum keyboard for the new iMac because the "geniuses" couldn't figure out what was wrong with the old computer.  In case you don't know "apple speak" - the technicians at the apple store are called "geniuses".   I really love our iMac and wouldn't complain about it or the company since their customer service is great but I'd say if you decide to buy an apple you should get the extended warranty like we did!!

Cole seems to be weathering the move well and at one point said that he hoped we lived in Bellingham "forever" and that he loved the new house.  On another occasion he crumpled into a sobbing heap because he didn't want a blue room, he wanted a red room because red is his favorite color and he didn't want to move.   I expect all children are equally mercurial especially in the middle of a huge life change.   We are torn between Waldorf preschool and another year of co-op preschool here in Bellingham.  We've got a spot at the Waldorf school and we are the first on the waiting list for the co-op. 

Audrey now has a real bedroom instead of a partially converted storage room (her bedroom in Seattle was quite small and not at all nursery like).  We painted her room "poetic light" - a mostly warm white with subtle yellow undertones.  It's a dark room because the one window faces North so we wanted to keep the paint light but I expect to paint one wall with a soft purple so she has some color on the walls.  Her sleep schedule is totally out of whack but I hope to reign that back in. 

The house is 1900 square feet with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and an office/den.  For now we are going to make the den our bedroom so we will be on the same floor as the kid's rooms.  The "master" will be our office and the spare bedroom.   We've got a double lot and the view from the kitchen is of treetops with a small creek in the back of the property.   It's very quiet which is nice.  

I'll update with pictures tomorrow.

No comments: