Thursday, April 2, 2009

No, Mine!

Sweet Audrey will be 2 years old in a short couple weeks and is showing signs of being quite a firecracker. Her two heroes are Brother and DaDa. Anything Cole does (good or bad, but most notably bad) is copied almost immediately. She clearly idolizes her brother. She is also starting to talk more clearly.

No, mine, shoes, juice, mama, dada, flower, up. I know that she's saying more but we're not listening well enough.

We've had a super bug run through Bellingham taking out the young and old. Both Cole and Audrey have been sick and many of Cole's classmates as well as his teacher. This week they've only had 6 out of 15 kids attending Cole's preschool. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll come out unscathed but it seems unlikely.

I worked in Cole's classroom this week and snapped some pictures.

Teacher Heidi demonstrating the watercolor egg project.

Cole and friend Maren working on watercolor egg. These two get along really well. Cole played over at Maren's house and we had Maren over to our house last week. She has an older brother so she knows how to play "army" and she can hold her own.

Making hand-print chicks.

Chicks with tissue paper cherry tree.

No cherry tree blossoms for us this year. Sigh. We miss our lovely cherry tree in our lovely backyard at the Seattle house. Seattle backyard April 2008.

Story time. I Am an Ankylosaurus.

Cole's classroom.

Cole's new thing. LEGO.





Carrot sword dueling.

Good times at Pacific Science Center. Always Cole's choice for a Seattle outing.

No comments: