The kids and I went to the Bellingham Scottish Highland Games late last weekend. We missed most of the prime stuff I would have wanted to see - dancing and piping. The kids still had fun though as it was a hot sunny day and they had bouncy houses and cotton candy.
There were many booths encouraging us to research our heritage. Having been to Scotland I know for certain that Scots are greatly annoyed by North Americans trying to find their "roots". That said, we did walk by the Clan MacKenzie booth just for fun.
Here Cole poses with swords available for purchase.

I got Audrey and I some cotton candy to buy us time while Cole climbed the tower.

I know from experience that climbing the tower with Audrey and especially climbing down is not fun or safe especially when it's crowded.
Who doesn't like cotton candy? Besides Alex.


I'm realizing tonight why I seem to have so many pictures of the kids eating. It's because it's the only time they are standing still and I can get the camera out. Even then I only have a moment before Audrey starts reaching for the camera with her often grubby hands saying ... ahhh, ahhh, ahhh.
Audrey idolizes her older brother.

Today we met friends at Zuanich Point Park to ride bikes. It was sunny and WINDY. It's a great park for little bike riders because there are paved paths that loop around the point but are always in view of parents following behind at a slower pace. Cole played with his super best friend Kiefer and Audrey had fun chasing everyone around including Kiefer's little sister Caroline, age 3. Caroline kept taunting "Audrey, you can't catch me." Audrey loved it and tried with all her might to catch her with only occasional frustration.
Cole, Audrey and Caroline.

I could smell these roses from a long way off. Bellingham Bay in the distance.

No comments:
Post a Comment