Thursday, October 9, 2008

Christina turns 19

I met Christina the summer between 5th grade and 6th. She was 11. Now she's 19 and living on her own. Wow, I'm old. (a running joke between me and Alex) I'm so proud of her. She's really got her head on straight. She has conducted several interviews with program chairs and advisers to help determine a major. She's looking at either Anthropology, Political Science and Spanish right now. She's weighing her interests against potential career and life paths.

She and Lauren were over last night to watch the kids while I went to a co-op parent meeting. They brought their laundry, took a shower in a clean bathroom, and ate a home cooked meal. They both live in the dorms (not roommates) and are coming to terms with the downsides of bunking with another person in an 8*10 room, sharing a bathroom with 40 other people, and eating cafeteria food daily. Dorm living never did appeal to me!

September is a big month for birthdays! Christina, Aunt Gabe, Aunt Fran and Grampy (my mom's husband).

Taj threw a party for the Zecha girls a couple weeks ago.







See the family resemblance?!?  

We love Gabe and Taj!

Gabe and Taj took Cole to the Microsoft picnic this summer described by Taj as "kid nirvana".



Cole and Taj discover they've got matching tattoos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

always important to wear the love for your mom on your sleeve.