Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Finally!!!



Dadblog here.

Well, after 5 or so years, I finally finished a project.
Back in the olden days, I purchased a kayak kit from Pygmy Kayaks.
When Cole was born, I thought that I could make good use of my spare time by putting it together. No problem, right?
Well, reality (and my wife!) had issues with my fancy ideas and the project languished.
Now that we're up in the 'Ham, the idea was floated to participate in the Ski-to-Sea race next year. Since I had a half-completed kayak, and there was a kayak leg, hmmmmmm.................
Wheels started turning.
After a bit more time invested I had a water-ready kayak.
Some pics follow.....





I call this one "Pygmy in a pygmy".



It came in a little overweight at 42.5 pounds, due to a few extra coats of epoxy in places. My neighbor, Brandon gave me a few pointers down at Lake Whatcom, in which I learned a little about stability and the importance of a lifejacket. He also informed me that there was frequently a bilkhead rught behind the seat, so I'm working on that now. Now all I need is to build a triple for the other three folks who still live at home......

No comments: