Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Big Machines

One of Cole's favorite things to do at the playground - sand play



Cole wanted to read a book to Audrey this morning called Big Machines. It's a DK Reader so the text is big and there isn't too much of it per page. He has it memorized and proceeded to read it to her as they both sat on my lap and she tried to pull his hair. He's done this several times (mostly memorized books and then read them out loud to me) but the book he knew absolutely word for word was Berenstain Bears and the Missing Watermelon Money. We had it out from the library when he was just in the beginning stages of his Berenstain Bears craze. I read that book usually three times a day for weeks. I often wish I had a video or voice recorder at the ready at all times to catch moments like that.

I try to enthusiastically encourage any "play" that Cole initiates with Audrey. However, Cole's play isn't always appropriate for a 10 month old. He'll try to pick her up or drag her places and she often seems to acquiesce but sometimes she cries .... notice Alex's eyebrows?



A few favorite books today were:

The Knight and the Dragon

Herb, the Vegetarian Dragon (except where the dragons are mean and eat the knights)

Bill and Pete Go Down the Nile
Cole laughed hysterically when the little crocodile accidentally says "stinks" instead of "sphinx", continuous, sustained laughter accompanied by repeating the word stinks. I don't think we even finished the book and instead talked a little and went to bed. He was out in less than 5 minutes.

No comments: