
I looked on craigslist for some more Rescue Heroes stuff for Cole since his birthday is coming up. I found some for sale nearby reasonably priced, I thought, at $40. The picture was small so I couldn't tell exactly what I was buying but I was sure Cole would love anything. Alex and Cole went to pick it up and WHOA NELLY, what a haul. In fact, I was dismayed at the sheer weight and volume of the plastic. The "hyper-jet" was so huge that Alex couldn't hide it in the large duffel he brought so Cole got that right away along with an equally large remote control robot called URV, or Ultimate Rescue Vehicle. I'm not making this stuff up!
Hyper-jet

Audrey goes nutty over the stuff too because she wants to climb on it and in it. Her toys, however, are still simple - blocks.

I'm thinking of taking the batteries out of the hyper-jet and allowing him to keep that but quietly secreting the robot away. Electronics seem to shut down real play and instead Cole simply pushes the buttons. It's depressing. On the flip side, when he plays with his Playmobil fire toys Cole makes up and acts out rescue scenarios. Maybe after the allure of the electronic voices wears off, Cole will use the RH toys imaginatively.
No comments:
Post a Comment