
This past week was Cole's "I Am Special" week at his preschool. I made a poster with pictures of him with that theme in mind. I included a lot of beach/water pictures, family and friend pictures, birthday pictures, and some nice close-ups with classic Cole expressions. He got to help during circle time by putting up story pieces on the felt board, passing out instruments, banging the drum to call the class in from outside play as well as enjoying the special privilege of sitting up front next to Teacher Marianne.
Cole putting up the fisherman on the felt board.

Cole showing his poster to his small group. One of the children's grandmas complimented him on his "speech" and said that he will grow up to be a leader. He certainly isn't shy.

Calling the children in from outside play.

On the first day of a child's "I Am Special" week, the class sings this song:
My special friend, my very special friend
He/She likes to run and
play with me
I love my special friend
He/She has a very special
name, a special voice,
A special face,
I love my friend.
I teared up. It was so great to see Cole basking in the warmth of Teacher Marianne and all his school bud's friendship. I was a little afraid that he would ham it up or be squirrly ... but he acted like such a BIG BOY. He took his job at the felt board very seriously, sang the songs with grace and enthusiasm, and looked like he was having a blast.
They also sang this song (and I took some pictures):
It's me, it's me
I'm part of this community
It's me, it's me
I'm part of this community
Roll over the ocean
Roll over the sea
Roll over the ocean
and the deep blue sea
It's you, it's you
You're part of this community ...
It's we, it's we
We're part of this community...
It's you! (you can see the poster in the background)
No comments:
Post a Comment