Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lost my keys twice today

My head just isn't screwed on tight lately. I couldn't find my keys this morning after dropping Cole off at school. I was running around frantically and finally found them between the windshield and the hood of the van. I'll often set things down there so I can't drive off with my wallet on top of the car. Later after lunch I lost them again on Capital Hill and imagine I looked a little loopy talking myself through all the places they could be. They were inside the van but had slipped under one of the rear seats. Jeez!

Cole had fun on the field trip. He said he got to play a harp. We went to lunch at Vios with friends. Alex took me there for my 36th birthday. It has a little play area for children. The food is yummy though expensive and the portions are small. We all had gelato after the meal. Cole's friends had finished theirs before we left the building (potty break for us) but Cole was thrilled to share his with them.

Cole beaming while sharing strawberry gelato with friends A & A.



Cole and friend posing on the stoop.



Cole should have taken a nap in the car on the way home since he was clearly exhausted but he didn't. That made for a challenging afternoon filled with inordinate amounts of obnoxious behavior on both our parts. I did accomplish something, however, a primrose path.



Here is a picture of what I did with my kid free day on Saturday. The whole row is Seal Lavender. It gets big so I gave it a lot of room to grow.



Audrey has been covering her ears today. I'm not sure if she is imitating Cole or what but it's very cute and I caught it on camera at dinner.



Cole wanted to take some pictures of Audrey. He loves making babies laugh.



Cole and Audrey took a bath together tonight and you can see how much fun Audrey had. She was screeching with delight.

No comments: