Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Traditions

The kids and I drove Tess, our dog, up to my mom's house in Bellingham today. She's going to visit with Willow, my mom's dog, while we are in Hawaii. The Easter Bunny paid an early visit in Bellingham so everyone got a little treat. My mom has continued a tradition that my Grandma started when I was little (maybe it started sooner than that, mom?). We always got a See's Mayfair Egg for Easter. See's describes it as, "a filling of premium butter, cream, pecans and glacé cherries covered with our famous rich, dark chocolate." Either everyone loves these things or they don't make enough of them because they seem to run short every year. I got the Mayfair egg and everyone else got a Bordeaux egg.

My Grandma made me a frilly new dress every Easter as well. What I wouldn't do to still have one of those dresses. Sigh.

Audrey was excited about her egg!



Cole and Audrey with their Easter baskets.



Me and Audrey on mom's deck. I tickled her to make her laugh.



Sweet Audrey.





I bought a Radio Flyer Walker Wagon for Cole's first birthday. He started walking right around 12 months and the toy was a hit with him and his little friends. Here is Audrey just starting to use the wagon (it's a bit beat up from being left out in the rain).



The backyard is starting to be inviting again after rainy Winter. The cherry tree will be blooming very soon. Then the apple, the Asian pears, then hopefully strawberries, cherries, raspberries, boysenberries, and grapes. I love our backyard.

FLASHBACK to this time last year - one very pregnant Heather hunting eggs with Cole at Paul and Kathy's Easter party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heath..... Mom always got me a Sees Mayfair egg at Easter, at least when we were in San Diego she did. There wasn't Sees in Idaho when we lived there. Mom wrote to Sees Corporate offices to get a franchise to open a shop in Burley, but they declined her because the population wasn't big enough. Mom wasn't scared of doing anything.... She always was ready to try new things.

I wish I wouldn't have give all your dresses to Mushie. That was a mistake. I wish you had your dresses that your Grandma made you too.I guess sometimes when you think you're doing a nice thing you're really hurting someone else.